Sunday, January 18, 2004

So my parents are now connected to the internet. They had cogeco come and hook them yesterday and they're now surfing away. I felt bad for my dad because they spent the whole of Saturday waiting for them to come. Cogeco told them that they'd be there to install the stuff sometime "between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m." Nice huh? Customer service up the wha-zoo I tell ya. The guys ended up not even showing up until after 5 p.m.

We went out there this afternoon to help them configure their eudora, and finish doing the set up for the programs that they want to use. They're having a lot of fun with the machine and are using a lot more than they said that they would. I knew it would happen this way! In the past week, they've bought a new monitor, USB hub, chair mat and are looking for a new chair. My dad is even drafting plans for a new desk for the computer, a whole office actually. It's really cute and I'm so happy that they are online now.

Other than that, we didn't do much today. My back was feeling better so I finished up some laundry and cleaned the main floor of the house. Overall, it was a really quiet weekend. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I hadn't been feeling yucky but it was nice all the same.

No comments: