Saturday, January 24, 2004

It's the weekend and I could be sleeping in. I got up at my normal time though. I really love this time of the day, it's daytime but it's still dark out; it's quiet and still, peaceful.

It's going to be a good day because Mark's not working today so we get to spend the entire weekend together. I'm not sure exactly what we're going to do though. I've been thinking about the house a lot lately, probably because I've been working on getting the front bedroom for Mark's dad to move in. I've decided that I'm going to repaint the trim in our bedroom. When we painted it last summer, we did the whole room in Glazed Raspberry. I really love the colour but I've been thinking about how nice it'll look with white trim. The switch plate covers, vent covers, etc. are white so I think it'll look really snazzy. I'm also going to paint the inside of the closet in the front bedroom. We never did it when we painted the room and it needs to be freshened up.

The biggest project I'm going to do is in the kitchen. Ideally, one day, we'd love to gut the kitchen and redo it totally. In the meantime, I'm going to paint the cabinets, trim and wainscot. Again, I'm going to do them in white. They are a really ugly, dark stained wood with very 70's looking hardware. Not fun 70's hardware though, the kind of stuff that was standard issue in the 70's (we think that the kitchen was last reno'd then). A couple of years ago now, we bought 3 pieces for the kitchen at IKEA (a cupboard for the wall, a pantry and a rolling storage cart). They are white with "chrome" accents. I've decided to paint the stuff in the kitchen white and get new chrome hardware. It should look nice when it's done. I think it'll be something that I just putter at when I feel like it. By springtime, it should be all done and look terrific. Don't worry, I'll definitely post before and after photos!!

I think I'll go put the coffee on. Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: