Tuesday, January 13, 2004

snowy-snow-snow

It feels like all I've done for the past 36 hours is shovel: shoveled Sunday night, Monday morning, Monday afternoon...and again this morning. Fortunately, the Weather Network told me this morning (that's right, it speaks directly to ME) that we aren't expecting any accumulation for the next 24 hours.

A few weeks ago, I posted a photo of some snow that had just "rolled itself up" on our lawn. This morning, while I shoveled, I actually witnessed this phenomenon. The snow we got last night was of the fluffy variety and when I was outside this morning, the wind was really whipping. The branches in our large evergreen were heaving and small clumps of snow were blowing off, onto the ground. I saw the wind push these little clumps along until they were snow balls rolling around the lawn. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen, cool but crazy!

No comments: