Tuesday, January 06, 2004

As hard as it is to admit, I am totally back into my routine again and I don't hate it. Sunday night, I had to give myself a pep talk about getting back to work but this week hasn't been too bad so far. I know that I eat better and have an easier time sticking to my exercise routine when I'm working. You would think that being at home for entire days would give me time to make even healthier meals and have more time to exercise. Of course, you would be wrong. I just had more time to lay around the house in my jammies.

So, did you see the Mirror today? When I got up this morning and checked the headlines on Yahoo, they mentioned that a member of the royal family had been named in the inquest that is going on concerning the death of Diana, Princess of Wales. Of course, Reuters stated that for legal reasons, they had been advised against publishing the named person but that it had been in the Mirror. Well, I scooted over to the mirror and there it was, in black and white. I suspected as much. I mean, folks liked to point a finger at Lizzie but I think that those of use who had followed the situation knew who it would be that was in the letter (kinda nice to see that it's actually surfaced). My but how the papers must have flew off the stands in the UK this morning! It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out in the press in the coming days.

I know that there are more serious issues to be concerned with right now but I'm trying really hard to not worry too much about what's going on south of the border. I felt sick when I read the article about how anyone requiring a visa to enter the states will also have be finger-printed upon entry. Nice huh?

When we first heard about it this morning, it sounded as if they would be doing it to us too but apparently we're exempt. Good thing too, because, honestly, I'd just stay home rather than be finger-printed by the US Government if I want to have lunch in Alexandria Bay. I mean, I don't have anything to hide, not at all. I just don't think that I need them calling me up because my prints "match" some that were left somewhere in bum-fuck, Idaho at a crime scene. I mean, I thought it seemed like the US was turning into a police state...This just about nails it.

Oh well, the upside of all of this is that our dollar is getting stronger every day. I heard that it should be up to 82 cents US by this time next year. Bring it on baby, I love shopping in New Jersey (they don't have retail sales tax there!!) and would love to take another trip to the land of malls...Well, just so long as I don't have be finger-printed anyway!

No comments: