Monday, January 12, 2004

It's Monday again and I can't even believe it. I mean, I can believe it, I've been up for a couple of hours now, I have already shoveled the driveway and had my breakfast. I know that I have to be at work in a little while but still, Monday already?

We got mum & dad's computer delivered. I think that they were a little overwhelmed by it. It was a big jump for them, from Win 95 to XP. The machine that they have now is totally ready for internet, they just have to call the cable company and have them install the line to the machine and give them their cable modem. They may also want to get a new monitor as the one that they are using is not really the best for the video card we gave them. At any rate, they seemed pretty happy to be watching DVD's and listening to MP3's on the new machine last night, net connection or not.

When we got home from their place last night, we shoveled the drive and I just did it again. It's so nice that the really frosty temperatures are gone for now. It is very mild outside right now and it looks like the snow might be letting up. It was falling lightly the whole time I was out there but it was really refreshing. Right now, if it got cold again, it wouldn't be so bad, the snow is a nice insulator from the really cold temps and last week, when it was so frigid, we didn't have any snow and well froze our asses off. You'd think that it was January, in Canada or something. I know that we're just a bunch of complaining wimps but hey, if we didn't have the weather to complain about, what we would talk about?

No comments: