Friday, May 09, 2003

The Friday Five:

1. Would you consider yourself an organized person? Why or why not?
I am an organized person. No doubt. I am an events planner and being organized is a huge part of my job.

2. Do you keep some type of planner, organizer, calendar, etc. with you, and do you use it regularly?
I use a program called Corporate Time. It's a calendaring package which everyone in my office uses. We use it to book meetings and track projects. It's taken the place of my Day Timer (which I used for years and years). I use Corporate Time daily and would be lost without it.

3. Would you say that your desk is organized right now?
Absolutely. My desk at home is even organized right now (which is odd because home is not always as organized as the office).

4. Do you alphabetize CDs, books, and DVDs, or does it not matter?
I alphabetize CD's & DVD's but not books. We have a huge number of books and they tend to get grouped by size so that they can fit on the hodge podge of bookshelves that we have.

5. What's the hardest thing you've ever had to organize?
I don't find that organizing things or stuff is difficult as long as you have a plan. I have organized large events (5000-12000 people attending) and small parties at home. I've organized house moves, office moves and never had any problems. What makes organization difficult is if you have do something quickly and don't have a lot of time to execute it. We recently reorganized our computer room / home office. This was a huge project for us because we just left it alone after we moved in and didn't allowed things to pile up. Doing it wasn't actually that difficult. Just finding the time to get the job done was the hard part.

No comments: