Monday, May 12, 2003

flying time

I’m not sure why the passage of time always amazes me. I often find myself saying “can you believe it’s Tuesday (or whatever day it is) already?” or “Where did March go?” I sit here again, on Monday, the morning is almost gone and I’m shocked. I still can't believe that I didn't write here at all over the weekend.

The weekend was a bit of a blur. I don’t normally work weekends but I did work this past Saturday at some events, which had been organized, by our office. This made the weekend into only one day really and I spent the best part of that packing away winter sweaters and pulling out summer-y clothes. The work’s not done yet though, I have a tonne of ironing to do yet and my house is a mess. It really requires top to bottom cleaning. We’re having our parents over for dinner next Sunday so that will probably inspire a lightning-fast cleaning session on Saturday.

Our yard requires some serious attention at the moment. I have not had a chance to get into the flowerbeds and do spring-cleaning. I was lazy last fall and left everything where it was. In the end, I think this was smart though because the birds feasted on the seeds and bits and pieces of plants, which were decaying in the beds. This week it’s supposed to rain all week so I doubt very much that I’ll get that done. Mmm….Saturday’s going to be busy.

I know that by this time next week, everything will be sorted and I’ll have forgotten that it was bugging me so much just 7 days earlier. Right now I just feel a little overwhelmed by it all. I wish I could just go home and ignore it but I can’t. I’m not wired that way. I’ll try not to think about it too much though. I don’t want it to ruin my week.

I am owed a day in lieu of the work I did on Saturday though. Maybe I’ll take Thursday or Friday off and just putter around the house.

No comments: