Tuesday, May 06, 2003

The entire city of Kingston is under construction at the moment.

Actually, the entire city is not under construction. Every major artery is though. It's lovely and oh so convenient. In a town where rush hour lasts five minutes this is causing major chaos for all involved. The Causeway that joins the city with the east end is basically shut down and will be for at least another six weeks. The alternate route for the Causeway folks is now under construction as building starts on the new Police Station on Montreal Street...I could go on but I think you get what I'm saying.

If I thought that the City was actually planning I'd say that they synched this with the new anti-smoking bylaw so that business owners wouldn't be sure whether the drop in customers is because of smoking or the traffic. Also, if they had to rip the city to shit, it's probably best to do it while no one is planning to come to Canada for holiday this year. It never ceases to amaze me, how the city planners can make a tourist town so inaccessible and still be surprised when no one comes to visit.

No comments: