Thursday, May 29, 2003

amazing revelations

This is the first full week of work that I've done in about 3 weeks or so. What with holiday weekends and lieu days here and there, it's been a while since I've had to put in 5 whole days, in a row! Shocking huh? I'm actually surprised at how quickly this week is going but how organized I've been. I know this probably sounds dumb but I'm getting into this habit of sorting my lunch out and getting things ready for work, the night before. Ancient concept, I know. Many folks have done this for a long time but I never thought that it would make a big difference in my routine. I was so wrong! For some reason, when I'm sleepy and stupid in the mornings, it's takes me way longer to get these little things done than it does when I'm cleaning up the kitchen after dinner.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend right now. The forecast is for rain but I'm not bothered by that. I have some gardening to do and I realized that it's quite easy to do in the rain. Mark's dad lives in a ground floor apartment which has a gorgeous patio, surrounded by hostas. His hostas are huge so I'm going to divide a couple of them and put them in my garden. Tomorrow night after work I should be able to get the flower beds ready (it's not supposed to rain tomorrow) and then, on Saturday when it's raining, I'll go dig them up and transplant them. The stuff I planted in the rain last weekend is doing really well. I'm really digging (no pun intended) my garden this year!

No comments: