Thursday, August 08, 2019

Cancon Thursday - Chinatown

So far, the only thing August is inspiring me to do is sleep more.

Well, it's suggesting that I sleep more but I've done really done that.  Instead, I'm getting up at my regular time but am wishing that I could pull the sheet up over my head and sleep just a little bit longer. So, for today anyway, some extra strong coffee is in order.

As today is Thursday, I'm once again going to be sharing a Canadian tune with you.  I have it in my head that I have shared this one before but I cannot find a post (honestly though, I only looked very quickly).  If I have shared it before and you're already bored of it, I'm sorry (not sorry) about that but I love this song.  In particular, I love this performance from the 2011 Pitchfork Music Festival.

From the 2011 album, Kaputt, I'm sharing Destroyer's "Chinatown" with you today.  For me, this is one of those songs which can be listened to on repeat, almost endlessly.  It's a bit poppy and a little jazzy and it's sweet. I urge you to check it out and see if it catches your ear the way it did mine, it really is fun to listen to on repeat.

Hope you enjoy it kiddos xo

You can’t believe
Though I’m sure somebody’s said it before:
I know you and I know the score
I can’t walk away, you can’t walk away


No comments: