Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Because It's Tuesday - week of August 27

Well it's Tuesday again so it's time for a cover!

This week's cover is by the always amazing Juliana Hatfield.  I've featured her before on cover day.  She released an album of Olivia Newton-John covers not so long again.  Ms Hatfield has a new album of covers coming out, this time she's playing the songs of the Police.  As she and I are the same age, we both listened to a lot of the same stuff when we were teenagers and back in the day, there was a whole lot of Olivia Newton-John and The Police on the radio. The stuff you listen to when you're 12 or 13 really sticks with you.  Like it's hardwired into your brain or something.

So, because it's Tuesday, I'm sharing Juliana Hatfield's version of "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" with you.  I remember my brother had the 45 of this and eventually, I got a copy of Zenyatta Mondatta.  I recall listening to a lot more of the Police than Olivia Newton-John back then (although, interestingly enough, when I heard the ONJ cover record, I was shocked that I new all of the words to all of the songs!). If I were to look, I'm sure I'd find a bunch of old Police albums in my vinyl.  I don't really listen to them now but this is a bit of fun.

I'm interested to hear the other Police tunes she'll be playing.  For now, I hope you enjoy this.  Happy Tuesday kiddos xo

Poets priests and politicians
Have words to thank for their positions
Words that scream for your submission
And no-one's jamming their transmission



No comments: