Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Finally

Boy the mid-week arrives quickly during a short week huh?

It's Way Back Wednesday so I'm sharing an older song with you all today.  By older, generally I stick to songs which are at least 20 years old.  The older I get, the less "20 years old" seems old but in terms of music, I suppose that's a good way to measure it.

Today's song was a big hit in the early 1990's.  Looking back at it now, watching the video and listening to it, it's hard to believe that CeCe Peniston was only 21 when today's song was recorded. Perhaps it's hard to believe because she looks a lot older than 21 in the video.  In photos and interviews from the time, she looks her age but that video... yikes.  Speaking of which, it seemed like for a while, you couldn't turn the TV on without seeing the video for "Finally" and you could certainly hear the song everywhere.

Recently, I've been listening to a lot of Lizzo and I certainly heard the influence of "Finally" in her song "Juice" (all of those ya-ya's).  It inspired me to give "Finally" another listen and I'm glad I did.

Also, if you're a fan of the film, "The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert" (I'm a HUGE fan!!) you'll remember an awesome montage scene featuring today's song (see below for a clip)!!


So, today's Way Back Wednesday song is CeCe Peniston's "Finally" - enjoy it kiddos xo

Finally you've come along
The way I feel about you it just can't be wrong
If you only knew the way I feel about you
I just can't describe it, oh no no




No comments: