Thursday, August 15, 2019

Cancon Thursday - Nicolas Bragg

If you read my pages with any regularity, you'll know that I am a big fan of Vancouver's cub.  Back in the 1990's, I would go see them whenever the opportunity presented itself and a new release was always a gigantic, big, huge deal! 

Last year, over 20 years after the band broke up, a session that they recorded for CBC's Brave New Waves show (in May 1993) was released.  If you're interested in picking up a copy, you can click right here. It was great fun to hear them playing live again and, there's even an interview by Brent Bambury with Lisa M and Robynn from the original broadcast.

For Cancon Thursday, I'm sharing a cub song which was featured on the Brave New Waves session and also on their first album, Betti-Cola (and on the Mauler compilation).  I hope you enjoy Nicolas Bragg.  The video is lots of fun and will give those of you who weren't around back in the '90's to experience the cub phenomenon a glimpse into just how much fun they were.  The shows were always awesome, the songs were sweet and also a bit gritty and when I listen to the songs today, I still enjoy them now as much as I did back then.


Hope you can also love yourself some cub xo

No comments: