Thursday, August 29, 2019

Cancon Thursday - Empty Threat

It's Cancon Thursday folks.  This week, once again, I'm sharing a song by the incredibly talented singer-songwriter, Kathleen Edwards.  Check out this live version of "Empty Threat."  You can find the original on her 2012 album, Voyageur.

Kathleen Edwards in Kingston, December 2018
photo by moi

I really enjoy the whole Voyageur album, well all of her records are just so great.  I love her songs, the way she writes.  She's a fantastic story teller.  Kathleen has such a beautiful voice.  A few weeks ago, I noticed that she was posting tweets from a couple of blocks away, my neighbourhood here in Kingston.  Seems she was here recording so I'm excited at the idea of new music from her,  hopefully in the not too distant future.

Until that happens, I hope you enjoy this performance which was recorded for a special private show in CBC's Studio 211.

Happy Thursday kittens xo



In the city I once said "never"
I'm learning to say "never never never ever"
Cause now I'm its favourite flower
I'm blooming through the concrete cracks of this condo tower


No comments: