Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Driveway to Driveway

Over the past couple of weeks I've been listening to Superchunk.  Like a lot.  Normally, I listen to them regularly, a regular amount.  I've spent entire days with just one of their albums on repeat in my headphones and then the next day, play another one, all day, on repeat.  Obsessed is perhaps too strong a word but definitely mildly re-infatuated with them...

So today, for Way Back Wednesday, I'm sharing Superchunk.  It occurred to me recently that their awesome record "Foolish" is now 25 years old.  Earlier this year, they released a beautiful, acoustic version of "Foolish."  I cannot really overstate how lovely it is.  It's a gem.  Gosh Superchunk, I do love you. 

Back to Wednesday... I'm sharing the non-acoustic, original version of "Driveway to Driveway" the classic 1994 album, Foolish by Chapel Hill's wonderful Superchunk.  If you like this, please go check out the acoustic version.  It's just very sweet, as are all of you xo


I still have briars in my clothes
Did I lay you down in those?
The names on the stones were all erased
And I thought it was you that I had chased


No comments: