Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Because It's Tuesday - week of August 13

Today is one of those sad milestone days in my family.  11 years ago today, we lost my cousin Kathy to cancer.  She had brain cancer and went to hell and back fighting it over 15 years. Kathy was older than me by 2 years, my first, first cousin.  They say that your cousins are your first friends and that's really true.  She was probably my very first friend and I miss her a lot.  I know that I'm not alone in that.  She was a sweet, funny, smart, lovely woman.  While her life was cut short, I'm so very grateful that I had her my life for as long as I did.  She was one of a kind.

When you have a chance, tell the folks you love how you feel about them and throw in a big hug for good measure.  Trust me when I say that you never know when it might be the last time you have a chance to do that.

As it's also Tuesday, I'm going to share a cover with you today.  Today's song is a quintessentially Canadian tune.  Written by Gene MacLennan, Snowbird was recorded by many artists but is most often associated with Anne Murray.  This version is performed by the wonderful Kathleen Edwards and Bahamas. It was originally recorded for a CBC Studio 211 special in 2011.

Enjoy xo

Spread your tiny wings and fly away
And take the snow back with you
Where it came from on that day
The one I love forever is untrue
And if I could you know that I would
Fly away with you



No comments: