Friday, August 02, 2019

Not Guilty Just Pleasure - Come and Get Your Love

Today's song was a hit when I was a kid but I only vaguely remember it.  In fact, the first time I remember really noticing it was a few years ago when I heard it during the opening sequence on Bill Burr's "F is for Family" on Netflix (SO funny if you like family sitcoms - it's animated - sort of like "Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home" but with swears).

For Not Guilty Just Pleasure Friday, I'm talking about Redbone's 1974 insanely catchy and funky hit "Come and Get Your Love."  Redbone (no relation I think to the late great Leon Redbone) is a Native American rock band who formed in 1969 and are still playing, 50 years later. I really like this live version of the song from "Burt Sugarman's Midnight Special."

We're sitting on the edge of a long weekend right now so I'll keep this brief.  I would suggest though that you listen to this in your car this weekend, loudly, with the windows down.  It's got that kind of very cool vibe about it.  Whatever and wherever you end up this weekend, stay safe and have so much fun xo


No comments: