Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

Wow, the last day of July is here.

And because it's a Wednesday, I'm sharing an "oldie but a goodie" with you today.  Today's Way Back Wednesday song is the title track from Neutral Milk Hotel's brilliant (which really isn't a strong enough word to describe it but it'll do for now) 1998 album"In The Aeroplane Over The Sea"

I have long ago lost count of how many times I've listened to this album over the years.  Let's just say it's somewhere between many and LOTS.  It never surprises me when I hear folks refer to it as one of the greatest albums of all time because, quite frankly, it is.

Today I'm sharing a lovely live version, from 2014, of "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" and I hope you enjoy it.  Quite frankly, there are not enough songs featuring the saw around these days.

Happy hump day lovelies xo

And one day we will die
And our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
And count every beautiful thing we can see
Love to be
In the arms of all I'm keeping here with me


No comments: