Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Because It's Tuesday - week of July 23

When I was 12 or 13, I remember hearing today's song on the radio and really loving it almost immediately.  At that age, I knew absolutely nothing about the band.  Had no clue really that they had been around for a while and had a string of hits and were super popular.  To me, this was just a poppy R&B/rock song that I liked.  That song was "What A Fool Believes" by the Doobie Brothers.  It's 40 years later and I still enjoy that song.  Overall I'm not really a fan of the Doobie Brothers but I sure do like "What A Fool Believes."

Today's cover (and yes, because it's Tuesday I'm sharing a cover) is by Rubblebucket.  It was released on their 2013 EP "Save Charlie."  It's a bit funkier / dancier than the original but I like the little bits of disco flavour that are sprinkled throughout the song.

When I started looking into, I was a bit surprised by how many folks had covered "What A Fool Believes" over the years, Aretha Franklin, George Michael... even Carol Welsman.

I hope you enjoy this version, happy Tuesday kiddos xo


No comments: