Friday, July 12, 2019

Not Guilty Just Pleasure - Katie Queen of Tennessee

Once again, it's almost the weekend.  I'm looking forward to the break if I'm being honest.  Normally, I'm not a working for the weekend kinda gal but this week has been rough and I'm sort of excited about the prospect of a nap on one of the weekend afternoons.  Sad but true!!

For my "not guilty just pleasure" song today, I'm sharing a song I really like by a band which no longer exists.  The Apache Relay were a folk-rock band from Nashville who called it quits back in 2015.   Fortunately, we can still enjoy the stuff that they left behind, including this song, from their self-titled 2014 album.  The video for "Katie Queen of Tennessee is pretty adorable."  I always love a one-take video!!

According to ye olde YouTube, "the video features 40 dancers ages 7-18 from the Nashville Dance Center and was filmed at Amy Grant and Vince Gill's family barn outside of Nashville. What appears to be a choreographed dance routine to 'Katie' is actually the dance troop performing a routine to a mash-up of 80s hair band hits. It just so happens to sync up."

I really hope you enjoy this.  Stay cool kids and Happy Friday!! xo

If only she would notice me
What can I do to make her see?
I would swim the ocean wide
From New Orleans, to Galilee

No comments: