Friday, July 19, 2019

Not Guilty Just Pleasure - Stop

Boy this is late.

Well for me it's very late.  Ordinarily I do these posts in the morning.  Today, I was feeling unwell (awful enough to stay home from work) and I slept most of the day away.  The rest did me a world of good because I'm feeling quite a bit better tonight than I did last night and this morning so, thanks to you bed rest.
Spice Girls Stop
Spice Girls - Stop

Now, the song I'm going to share today is one which, not so very long ago, I would have categorized as a guilty pleasure.  I no longer feel guilty about cheesey stuff I might enjoy from time to time.  Instead, I'm embracing the cheese and will share some of it with you today.

For a reason I can not understand, the song "Stop" by the Spice Girls is one I've always enjoyed. Watching the video just now, I remembered being at a bar mitzvah in the early 2000's and it was played during the party.  A little girl, in her mum's lap, she was maybe 4 or 5, sat across from me at the table.  We both smiled at each other, sang along to the song and did all of the hand actions which the ladies did in the video.  It was cute, it was fun.  It is still cute and fun and on a steamy Friday, we could use a little fluffy piece of pop to start the weekend off with.

Enjoy xo

Stop right now, thank you very much
I need somebody with a human touch
Hey you, always on the run
Gotta slow it down baby, got have some fun


No comments: