Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Perfect Way

Today's Way Back Wednesday song was released just a few days before I started my final year of high school.  To me, it's just about one of the most '80's (if something CAN be "most '80's") sounding songs around.

Scritti PolittiMy oldie but a goodie pick for this week is Scritti Politti's "Perfect Way" from their 1985 album, Cupid & Psyche 85.   It was their second album and remains their most successful release to date.  Honestly, I haven't really paid much attention to what Green Gartside and company have been up to over the years (although I vaguely recall a new release in the late '90s)), it seems that they have been busy over the years keeping the Scritti Politti thing going.

"Perfect Way" is a synthesizer heavy pop song.  It's extremely catchy and fun to dance to... I was a bit surprised when Miles Davis covered it for his 1986 album, Tutu.  You may have heard it in "Hot Tub Time Machine" or, if you're old like me, you remember it from the '80's.

I thought I'd share it today because it's a hot day in the Limestone City (already) and I sort of felt like it would be more fun to drive around with this song playing loudly in my vehicle than it would be to go work (but don't worry, I'm going to work today).  I hope you enjoy it and, if you're off today, can blast it loudly while you head to the beach.

Happy hump day kiddos xo



No comments: