Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Because It's Tuesday - week of July 9

Once again it's Tuesday which means that I'm sharing a cover with you today.  In the past, I've shared cover versions of hit songs by Burt Bacharach and Hal David.  I'm a big fan of Bacharach/David songs so it's not unusual that I like to collect covers.

Burt Bacharach and Hal DavidToday's Bacharach/David cover is Jann Arden's take on "This Girl's In Love With You."  I like Jann Arden.  I think she's fucking hilarious.  I enjoyed her sitcom and think she has quite a nice voice.  I'm not a gigantic fan of hers but I do like a few of her songs and appreciate what she does.

She's released a couple of albums of covers.  Today's song is from her 2011 album, Uncover Me 2.  Hope you enjoy this.   Happy Tuesday kittens xo


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Bacharach and David songs. Even Burt's gravelly voice but i sure do love Jann's cover of this tune. B&D wrote so many great tunes. So fucking many and each one a gem. Love this post!