Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Because It's Tuesday - week of July 30

When I was a kid, Saturday Night Fever was a big hit movie.  What seemed to be bigger than the movie though, was the soundtrack.  You couldn't go anywhere without hearing one of the songs from it. I'm not just talking about the Bee Gees hits (and they were massive hits), the whole thing seemed to be just oozing out big hit songs.

Probably, the biggest song from that soundtrack was Stayin' Alive.  Apparently, when they teach folks how to do CPR, you're supposed to do 100 compressions per minute, which, apparently, is the number of beats per minute in Stayin' Alive so, if you need to, you can use that song in your head as a guide!

Because it's Tuesday, well you know what I do... today's cover is Lizzo's version of the classic Bee Gees disco smash.  Her cover was featured on the soundtrack for the movie, "Happy Death Day 2u."  I have not seen this movie, nor will I likely ever watch it.  I think it's some kind of sci-fi slasher pic and those are not usually the kinds of themes I enjoy in a movie.

I do, however love Lizzo and while her cover of "Stayin' Alive" is very close to the original, I dig it all the same. She's just fabulous and I enjoyed this, so much.  I'd rather hear her voice than the Bee Gees any day!!


No comments: