Thursday, July 18, 2019

Cancon Thursday - Drag Us Down

Recently, I've been going through some old photos and miscellaneous stuff from the 1990's I have at home in my office. Some of the photos (which have been carefully placed in photo albums - I really need to start doing that again!!) are very sweet.  A large chunk of them are of shows I went to or things that happened with my radio station peeps.

Ryan Casper and Dave Inbred
Ryan Casper and Dave Inbred
Last night, I was looking for a particular photo to scan for a friend when I stumbled upon the photo you see here today.  It's a photo of Ryan Casper (wearing a very popular Inbreds shirt) and Dave Inbred (wearing a snazzy Caspers shirt).  I'm sure that folks still do this but back in the '90's, around here anywhere, if you were in a band, we made your band name into your name (it was less confusing that way when we were talking about musicians - you always quickly knew w
hich person you were discussing).  This particular photo was taken by moi, in May of 1994 on the night that the Caspers "released" their incredible cassette, "Gunther Goes to Keelerville."  They opened the show for Inspector Fuzz (my brother Patrick's band at the time, he also organized the show), The Evaporators and cub.  It was a great night.

Having said all of that and referencing four terrific Canadian bands, you might think that I'd be sharing a song by one of the previous mentioned combos.  You would be wrong to think that.  Instead, I'm going to share "Drag Us Down" by the Inbreds, from their wonderful 1996 album, It's Sydney or the Bush. Finding that photo sent me down a rabbit hole of Inbreds songs this morning so there you go.

I hope you enjoy it.  The song is great and the video is a lot of fun - SO many inbreds!! Happy Thursday kiddos xo


Even if I said so (what a funny photo)

I think I'll have to cancel (look at what he's missing)
when here, it's so familiar (the sun is bright and yellow)
and I'd much prefer to stay at home





No comments: