Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Because It's Tuesday - week of July 16

It's a rainy Tuesday morning here in Kingston.  I'm not complaining though, my brown lawn could use a bit of moisture right about now.

It's a bit hazy and my head is a bit foggy (cannot for the life of me tell if it's just allergies or if I'm getting a cold - summer colds are SO much fun!) so I'll keep this one short today.

Til TuesdayAs it's Tuesday, it's time to share a cover with you.  Coincidentally, on this particular Tuesday, I'm sharing a cover of a song by the early '80's Boston band, 'Til Tuesday.  Today's cover song was a gigantic hit when I was in high school.  It had a haunting video which dealt with domestic violence (as does the song). The theme of the song is timeless and if you listen to the original today, it still holds up.

I recently heard this rendition of "Voices Carry" by Futurebirds (from Athens, Georgia) and loved it.   I hope you love it too xo

I try so hard not to get upset
Because I know all the trouble I'll get
Oh, he tells me tears are something to hide
and something to fear-eh-eh
And I try so hard to keep it inside
so no one can hear


No comments: