Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Way Back Wednesday - Heart

Today would have been my sweet Sammy's 11th birthday.  As you know, I lost him to cancer in November and I must admit that I miss him every day.  He was a bit of a jerk at times but he was almost never a jerk to me, and he was MY jerk.  That white, furry, ball of smiles and goofiness could take me out of a bad / sad mood instantly.

Sam, an American Eskimo Dog
Sam
In honour of Sam's birthday, I'm sharing an old favourite song of mine.  I love the Pet Shop Boys (and interestingly enough, Sam was rehomed to us by people who purchased him in a Pet Shop - you can no longer buy pets in stores in Kingston - thank goodness).  I love this song and the video.  Say what you will about the music of the Pet Shop Boys (and I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea), they give GOOD video. The video for this song is gorgeous and stars Ian McKellen (SIR IAN FUCKING MCKELLEN!!).

The song held the number 1 spot in the UK charts for 3 weeks in the spring of 1988.  30 years ago, how are all of these songs that old? It sounds like something that could be on the UK charts this year, timeless.

I hope you enjoy this Way Back Wednesday video, it's Heart by the fantastic Pet Shop Boys. xo


No comments: