Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Because It's Tuesday - week of August 28

Longer ago than I care to really admit, I loved a little combo called Archers of Loaf.  To this day, if I'm feeling grumpy or sad, all I have to do is listen to "Web In Front" and I'm instantly in a good mood.

I totally love that about music.

So, today is Tuesday, and that means I'm sharing a cover with you, gorgeous reader.

Today it's another Queen cover (what is it about these songs that makes them so awesome to cover).  The original was a duet with Freddie and Mr Bowie.  I remember in high school, studying for exams and hearing "Under Pressure" come on the radio and it helped break the tension.  Funny how much pressure we put on ourselves back then.  Anyway, what does any of this have to do with Archers of Loaf?  Well a super talented dude named Eric Bachmann formed Crooked Fingers after his previous band, Archers of Loaf, broke up.

Crooked Fingers recorded a perfectly awesome cover the Queen / David Bowie classic, Under Pressure.  Today, I'm sharing it with you and you can let me know if you agree (or not) with my perfectly awesome rating.  Apologies in advance, this is just audio... anyway, please enjoy kiddies xo


No comments: