Thursday, August 02, 2018

CanCon Thursday - 500 Up

Can you remember the early 90's?

Didn't we all have a lot of fun? Canadian music was amazing and it seemed like cool Canadian bands were touring constantly, often ending up in sleepy little Kingston.

Sloan is one of those bands.  For over 25 years now they have been touring the country, making great music and being generally cool, nice dudes.  Back in the early 1990's, I think most of us had a copy of Smeared, their 1992 release, in our record collections.  One of the singles from that album was "500 Up."

For CanCon Thursday, I'm sharing the video for "500 Up" with you today.  It's a cute video, the boys look so young in it.  My favourite part is right at the end when the camera lands on their feet, reminds me of "My Three Sons" (google it if I you have no idea what I'm talking about, if you know what I'm talking about, congratulations, you are old just like me).

Don't get me wrong, Canadian music is still amazing and cool Canadian bands still visit Kingston on a regular basis but the early and mid 1990's... well that was a special time, for me anyway and, I suspect, for many of you Canadian indie pop/rock nerds.

So, enjoy some Sloan with your morning coffee kiddies xo


No comments: