Thursday, August 30, 2018

CanCon Thursday - Destroying Souls

Music fans, well, indie music fans who lived in and around the Kingston area during the 1990's couldn't help but know about PF Records.  Formally known as "Proboscis Funkstone" Records, the label was started by Dave Ullrich of the Inbreds.  It became "home" to many Kingston bands during the early to mid 1990's.

One of the most beloved of the PF bands was The Caspers.  They were really young (still students at KCVI) when they got started.  If you wanted a good time, you were sure to not miss a Caspers show (or be at a show or party with members of the Caspers in the crowd - those guys could dance!).

In May 1994, the "In the shop scooter club" folks (my brother Patrick basically) presented a show starring (all the way from Vancouver!!)  Mint Records legends cub and the Evaporators.  Patrick's band Inspector Fuzz was on the bill and the opener was the Caspers.  On that night, in Louise D Acton hall, the first copies of their full-length cassette release, "Gunther Goes to Keelorville" would be sold at the merch table.  How do I know this?  I know this because I helped them assemble the cassettes before the show started (and I bought the very first one they sold!).

The Caspers made a super fun video for their song "Destroying Souls" and I'm sharing that with you today.  Dave Ullrich, in his bathrobe, also stars in the video (if I'm not mistaken, that same bathrobe makes an appearance in the Inbreds video for Prince).  It's some awesome, crunchy, power poppy 1990's fun which I hope you enjoy xo


No comments: