Friday, August 31, 2018

Not Guilty, Just Pleasure - Low Key

It's Labour Day Weekend again.

The unofficial end of summer (technically we all know it goes on for a few more weeks).  This summer was weird for me.  I wasn't a big fan of the weather we had and I felt like I hibernated a lot.  Summer what not what I'd expected so I guess I'm not too sad to see it go. I don't think I'm alone in feeling this way.  If you didn't have access to a pool or a cottage, hiding out in air conditioned spaces seemed the only safe thing to do.

For me, fall has always been my favourite season. I'm a big fan of sweater weather.  I love the colours that you see as the trees start to shed their leaves.  Fortunately, I live in a part of the world that explodes with yellows and oranges during autumn. I'm not a pumpkin spice lover but I am not a hater either.  There is something about the rituals attached to this time of the year which I like.  Back to school, back to normal, feels like a new year starting.  Could be because I work at a University but my job isn't really affected by the academic calendar so maybe not... perhaps I measure the year by the presence or absence of students.

In any event, the summer was low key for me.  On that note, I'm going to share with you one of my favourite songs.  Coincidentally the video for the song is just flat out great.  It's fun and funny and has bananas and costumes and some pretty dead pan Tweedy dudes.

Enjoy Jeff and Spencer Tweedy, aka Tweedy, and low key xo


No comments: