Thursday, June 05, 2008

2 mini reviews


sam waits for dinner
Originally uploaded by Julep67
1. Doggie Day Care

Last night, when we picked up Sam from the Vet's Doggie Day Care, it was a mad house in the waiting area. Lots of dogs, many concerned looking owners, lots of chaos. When Sam came out with the Day Care lady, he didn't get riled up by the other dogs and all of the people, he didn't make any sound at all and was really good on the way to van.

When we got home, he ran to his food bowl (he'd left about 1/2 of his breakfast behind in the morning) and gobbled it up. A little while later, we gave him supper and he wolfed that down too. About 5 minutes later, he was spark out on the floor, snoring. Whatever they did at daycare wore him right out. He was still pretty dopey this morning so whatever it was, he had fun and got lots of exercise.

2. Sex and the City - the movie

It was a lot of fun to go to the movies with a group of women. The theatre was full of groups of women, much like ours. Through the previews and ads before the movie started, there was chatter and giggling like I'd never heard before. Because of the rating, there were no teenagers there. Normally, I like teenagers but they ruined the last movie I went to (almost) because they kept getting up and down and just being rude. I must say too, most of the women I saw last night were carrying fabulous hand bags. It was a stylish group of ladies.

The film itself was okay. If you loved the show, you'll want to see it just because it shows you where things ended up after the end of the series. In some ways, I didn't think it was as good as the series. I mean, the clothes were beautiful, there were funny moments but the dialogue was not as snappy as it was in the series. Also, I found it odd to be watching SATC in a large room with lots of other people. Watching the show was something I always (or almost always) did on my own so I had a really personal relationship with the show. That may sound weird but it did feel strange to me.

No comments: