Tuesday, June 17, 2008

on the go


lilac bush - almost ready
Originally uploaded by Julep67
today is one of those days where I'm not at my desk as much as I thought I would be. I had a meeting offsite this morning which went much longer than I thought it would go. This afternoon, I'm in a workshop from 1 to 4. Tomorrow should be busy after all of that.

We never did get that big storm they were calling for last night. When I woke up today, the first thing I did was see if there was any moisture in the back yard. So, this morning at 5 a.m. (or shortly after) I was watering my garden and sure enough, before 6:15 a.m., it was raining. Sadly, it didn't amount to much and right now, the sun's a shining. So much for showers today.

Oh well, can't (won't) complain. Any amount of rain is okay with me.

At work, I'm registered in a mini-course in workplace communications. If I go to all of the workshops connected to the course, I'll get a certificate at the end of it. It's just an easy way to do some professional development stuff on campus. This afternoon, I am going to a 3 hour session on "Emails @ Work." I'm not exactly sure what we'll discuss to fill 3 hours but hopefully one of the topics will include a strategy to get folks to stop sending emails to me. that would be super useful!

No comments: