Friday, May 23, 2008

inspector sam


inspector sam
Originally uploaded by Julep67
I really like this time of the day. I've been up for a while, had breakfast, lunch is made. I'm practically ready for work and the house is quiet.

I can hear Sam pouncing around in the living room. From the kitchen, the sound of the CBC on the radio is muted. I can hear that it's on but can't quite make out what they are saying.

Today will be a long day for me today. From 2 to 9 pm, I'm volunteering to work at an event. I'll be there again tomorrow morning, before 7 am but hopefully finished up by 10 am. It's work related so I'll get some lieu time for it. I'll be helping out the ladies from my previous job. I was on the events crew and while I miss the folks I worked with, and the work to some extent, I don't miss the crazy hours and the insanely hectic pace.

Since my review yesterday, I've been thinking a lot about my current job. It's busy but not so busy that I forget to pee (this used to happen all of the time in my old job). I work with amazingly talented, wonderful women and feel valued and appreciated. The space we work in is quiet. Kind of like the quiet I'm experiencing right now, here at home. It's not frantic (well not much) and stress-filled or cramped.

I am very lucky to have this job and to work on this particular team. I'm saying this now, publicly, so I won't forget it. It's easy to forget how good you've got it when you do have it good.

No comments: