Sunday, May 25, 2008

accomplished


A Picture/Video Message!
Originally uploaded by Julep67
How was your weekend?

Mine was pretty busy. I worked a 14 hour day on Friday and then was back at it for 6:45 a.m. on Saturday. It was all in support of a very good cause though. I was helping out my old team with an event, working registration for a conference.

The building we were in is a gorgeous, 120 year old limestone beauty. She has a clock tower and everything. It was really cold in there on Friday though. Convocation will take place there next week and they were testing a temporary air conditioning system in the morning before we got there. For the first 3 hours I was there, I had my event shirt on, a t shirt over that and my jacket on top. I was afraid of being warm but in fact, I was freezing cold to my bones and had a tough time warming up when I got home.

The same thing happened yesterday (minus the A/C testing). The doors had been open for the caterers and it was damp and chilly inside. When I got home yesterday afternoon, I sat in the sunshine on the deck for about 30 minus, thawing out. Crazy.

Fortunately, it seems that the weekend was a success but I'll know for next year to wear more layers!!

The rest of our weekend was full of errands and getting stuff done around the house. I finally bought my annuals yesterday so this afternoon I found a shady corner of the yard and filled all of my planters. Sam was pretty fascinated by the whole process, he loves dirt!

Mark pulled our bikes out of the shed to access any damage that the squirrels may have caused. So far, the tires seem to be keeping their air and both bikes are okay after an oiling and general tune up. If the tires continue to hold up after some test drives around the neighbourhood this week, we may both start riding back and forth to work. It'll be good exercise and should save us some money at the pumps.

Looking back on the weekend, I must say, when I have to work for a chunk of it, I get a lot more done in the remaining time than I probably would on a normal weekend. Funny how that goes, isn't it?

No comments: