Thursday, December 29, 2005

so much better


hey christmas tree
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
What a difference a day can make, or a night rather.

I woke up this morning feeling soooo much better than I felt yesterday. Whatever kind of bug I had, fortunately, it seems to have passed through my system rather quickly. Good thing too, I just didn't want to be sick for the rest of my vacation. It seems hard to believe that I've been off of work for almost two whole weeks already. The time has just flown by.

Looking back over the past two weeks, I am in awe of how much I got done. Between finishing up the shopping, wrapping everything, baking dozens and dozens of goodies, cleaning the house, completing the decorations... it's been very productive.

Of course, as always, it's over too quickly. I don't know if that's because we work so hard in the days leading up to Christmas but it seems to be here and gone again before you know it. Today, I actually feel like packing away the decorations but I won't. It feels too soon, I think I'll wait until the weekend at the earliest. I think Mark will be working at least part of New Years Eve so I may just pop in a movie and plug away at it. It usually takes me way longer to pack everything away than it did to pull it out!

At the moment, I'm once again waiting for our handy-person to arrive. He's supposed to be here at 7:30 a.m. Whether he's here or not, I plan to do very little today. I'm thinking that I may just curl up on the sofa with a book today, or, if I'm feeling really ambitious, watch a couple of movies. Right now, I'm just enjoying how very good "normal" feels.

No comments: