Tuesday, December 13, 2005

fireworks

A friend left a comment on one of my flickr photos. She said that the lights on this particular tree looked like fireworks. I agree, if you squint your eyes they kind of do.

Every day, our neighbourhood gets sparkly-er. Is that a word? Who cares, it's pretty. Gorgeous actually, snow on top of all of those lights is just amazing!

Things at work are getting sorted out. There is almost a light at the end of the tunnel. If all continues like it has been this morning, I might actually be able to get out of here as scheduled, without too much guilt or worry about what I'm leaving behind.

To paraphase an old Muppet christmas special, it's cold enough to freeze your Winnebago out there right now. It's one of those lovely, albeit deceiving, winter type days. It's gorgeously sunny and bright, there is a blanket of snow on the ground. Inviting I guess you'd say. Step out into though, you'll realize soon enough that it's cold enough to freeze the snot in your nose. That's cold.

Honestly, I love this kind of weather. When I'm outside, walking or shoveling in this temperature, my lungs just can't get enough of this fresh, clean air. It's totally invigorating and just feels healthy (unlike the crappy dirty humid air we're stuck with all summer). Boots and heavy coats and mitts, I'm not such a fan of but, I'd rather have to bundle up to go outside than hide inside, in the fake "conditioned" air any day!

No comments: