Wednesday, December 21, 2005

the baking has begun!


treats
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
Finally, today, I started my annual holiday baking.

Do these treats look familiar to you?? They might if I gave you a little bag full of them last year. They were such a hit last year that I made 'em again this year!

At 7 a.m., I started melting those kisses and hugs and by 9:30 a.m., I had 230 some odd of them all over the kitchen. I followed them up by baking some chip crumble squares and then, some coconut fudge bars. I still have cookies to make but at least it's a start, right?

This afternoon, I managed to wrap almost all of our holiday gifts. I still have a few little things to wrap up but the majority of it is done. Last night I was thinking about why I hadn't started all of this earlier in the week. I then reminded myself that not only was Mark sick on Monday and Tuesday, but yesterday, I worked on "office work," from 7:15 a.m. until around 2 p.m. I didn't think it would take me that long but, it did. It's all done now though, so that's good.

All things considered, it's been very busy. I'm really looking forward to the weekend, it should be fun and, hopefully, relaxing.

No comments: