Monday, December 13, 2004

wet socks and a bad attitude

You can sort of tell what the tone of your day will be when, in the first 15 minutes of being out of bed, you spill a gigantic cup of water on the floor (while attempting to make the bed -- did I mention that it was 5 a.m.?) and proceed to walk right through it, with socks on. Yep, it wasn't going to be pretty.

All day, it felt as if everything that I touched fell colossally to shit. Of course, only about 1/2 of what I touched went to shit but, it still felt pretty bad. Work is totally chaotic right now. About 1/4 of our stuff is in boxes, about 1/2 of it is strewn all over the place, the remaining 1/4 is stuff we're actually working on. Everything has to be packed up by the time we leave the office on Thursday. I'm sure it's going to happen but getting there from here is going to be a challenge.

Luckily, things have been much more settled since I got home. I'm relieved about that because I just didn't need to come home to any drama, not tonight. Hopefully the worst part of the week is behind me and it's all good from here on out.

One thing that made me smile today: Dinner. It was yummy. I really enjoyed it. Mark is an amazing chef and although he didn't particularly think he did a good job on dinner, I loved it. We had whole wheat pasta with a tomato/turkey sauce. It had lots of peppers and garlic in it and we had enough left over to thrown in the freezer for a lunch later in the week.

No comments: