Wednesday, December 29, 2004

like normal, only better

I've said it before and it's very likely that I'll say it again: the best thing about getting really sick is that normal feels soooooo good.

For the past few days, both Mark and I have suffered with a weird bug. At first, it felt like a stiff back, then it moved to the front. It was like having a sick stomach but it only felt bad on the outside (ie you didn't lose your appetite or suffer any nausea). The pain was unreal though. It felt like someone had kicked you in your pink bits and in the kidneys and made you do 1000 situps at the same time. Lovely huh??

Thank goodness for heating pads and ibuprofen is all I have to say. Sadly, I think that Joe has come down with it now and it's hitting him even harder than it hit the two of us. Happy holidays huh?? Spreads joy and cheer and germs and bugs to everyone.

One thing that made me smile today: I haven't had to take any ibuprofen for the past 12 hours. Trust me, this is indeed a huge deal and definitely something worth at least grinning about!!

No comments: