Tuesday, December 14, 2004

great day

I've had such a terrific day so far. I say so far because I've only just gotten home from work and I know that the day is far from over.

We had an all-day professional development session, off-site today at work. Everyone in the organization (for the most part) attended. It was absolutely fabulous. I have to admit, I've had a lot on my plate just recently and we're all snowed under getting ready for the latest office moves. This was not an activity I was looking forward to, in fact, a little part of me was dreading it and was looking for ways to get out of it.

The day was broken up into a key-note address in the morning, a one hour training session by various groups of staff (from other areas which I don't know much about) followed by several different, 20 minute round-table sessions, also with co-workers. I'm always amazed at how much I can learn about other areas of the organization that I'm not directly involved in.

We shared our table at lunch with a very cool prof from the History Department so the conversation was lively, fun and really interesting. During the afternoon, I went to a 2 hour workshop with a conflict mediator. Again, it was a terrific session and I got a lot out of it. I took a tonne of notes too, so many that my fingers were sore from writing. I'm such a wuss about writing now. I almost never write anything by hand anymore. It's sort of funny how much computers have changed how we do even the little things.

One thing that made me smile today: So many things made me smile and laugh today that I couldn't possibly name just one. I love days like this!!

No comments: