Thursday, December 09, 2004

another party

Today was our annual office holiday whoop-dee-doo. Fortunately, they scaled it back this year and it was a very pleasant experience. We're a pretty big group now (about 110 people) so having a cocktail party/reception type of thing made visiting and moving around the room a lot easier than our traditional luncheon. Also, they held it on campus which it made it a lot easier for me to get there and back. I know, I'm a big baby sometimes but I really hate having to go off campus in the middle of a busy day. I must say, it was very very nice of our VP to pay for it all and I'm pretty sure that a good time was had by all.

One thing that made me smile today: The entertainment for the above mentioned party was Canadian Idol finalist, Elena Juatco. She sang three songs to us and that made me smile... I mean, I thought that she was very generous with her time and it was nice that she could do it and all but the reasons I was smiling are possibily not the ones you might think.

No comments: