Friday, December 24, 2004

happy ho, ho, ho

It is snowing here. They told us that we'd have a green Christmas. Much like the rest of the year, it seems that the folks at Environment Canada got it wrong once again.

When Mark finished up work this afternoon, we had to do an errand on the other side of town. The stores were closed by then and I really expected it to be deadly quiet outside. The traffic was insane. Visibility was crap and the roads were slick. I couldn't believe that so many people were out running around in the stuff. I was really happy to get home tonight.

We are up kind of late right now because I was finishing up some baking. We got sucked in to watching "Bad Santa" on TV and couldn't stop. Most nights, we're in bed by 9:30 p.m. at the latest so this is very strange for us, being up until midnight.

Tomorrow, hopefully, we'll sleep in a bit. We are spending the afternoon at my mum's but don't have to be there until after 3 p.m. I still have a couple of things to wrap up and Mark's cooking a ham (to take to mum's) in the morning but other than that, it should be a relaxing, happy Christmas day.

Whatever it is that you celebrate, I wish you all a safe and happy holiday weekend!! Right now, I'm off to bed!!

No comments: