Wednesday, December 15, 2004

happy hump day

I'm definitely fighting some kind of loser cold or something. This morning when I woke up I could barely breath. It is actually sort of typical for me. Traditionally, I get a bad cold right before the holidays. It just adds to the holiday fun!!

Things at work today are kinda nutty right now. We're in the middle of packing up our entire office. At some point on Friday, the entire basement (where our unit's offices are located) will be completely empty. At the moment, I am having a really hard time picturing it. We have to literally empty every closet, cupboard, shelf. It's a huge job and, at the moment, I'm having a really difficult time picturing it. In the middle of all of this, we're trying to get some work done. It's not easy. When we get back from the break, in January, it'll all have been totally worth it as we're getting new paint, carpets and furniture. Right now though, it's all very stressful.

One thing that made me smile today: This morning, in the midst of all of the chaos, we had to go to a large group meeting with our Executive Director. When we got there, she had cookies and hot cider and a lovely little gift (a candle) for each of us. It was very sweet and thoughtful and a total surprise.

No comments: