Friday, November 29, 2002

The weather is incredibly depressing today. I wish that I had my camera with me right now so I could take a picture through the window. There is water slowly dripping down the glass and clinging to the screen...the trees are barren, the sky is dark grey, the slush and snow from this morning has turned into big slippery puddles of water. Leaves have mixed with the water to create a slick, gooey mess everywhere.

On the upside, at least the visibility has improved. Hopefully this storm will pass. We're supposed to go out of town to a family party tomorrow evening. It's about an hour north of here and we have to take a secondary highway to get there. It's a windy old highway that is full of maniacal transport drivers and crazy farm boys who play chicken and pass on double solid lines on sharp bends. I don't really like being on it in the summer, in the sunlight, much less at night, when the weather is rotten.

We'll see what happens. If I don't feel any better tomorrow than I do right now, we won't be going. My cold seems to be creeping back. I was up coughing in the night last night and my hands have been frozen all day today. I'm not usually bothered by the cold but this week, I can't keep my hands warm. I think it is the dampness, I'm not sure.

Right now, all I can do is focus on getting through this afternoon. I can't wait to be home where it's warm and cozy and bright. We were going to have Mark's dad over for dinner tonight to celebrate the beginning of Hannukah. We've postponed it until Sunday or Monday night beause I don't want him out in this weather. Truth be told, I don't want us out in this weather but we do have jobs to go to.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend, and some rest. It's been a long week.

No comments: