Thursday, November 07, 2002

I'm having a good day so far, it's been a not bad week actually.

Of course, it's been a short week for me since I took Monday off. It's been extremely busy though. I'm helping out with an event which is taking place in Toronto next weekend (on the 16th) and most folks are leaving their registration stuff until the last minute. This is generally par for the course so I'm not too surprised. What surprises me mostly is how quickly the days fly by. It feels like one moment, it's 8 a.m. and I'm sitting at my desk, checking my email and drinking my coffee, and the next moment, it's 4:10 p.m. and I'm starting to pack up. It's good busy though, not crazy-frustrating-pull-your-hair-out busy.

Today is very very sunny but very very cold. The weather has been uncharacteristically cold this month so far. I'm enjoying it though. It feels much better than all that hot sticky stuff we put up with this summer. It makes me feel healthier when the air is so crisp. We've been making a concentrated effort to eat better lately too. Not dieting necessarily (although some weight loss would be nice), just eating more healthy stuff. It's been a couple of weeks now and it's going okay. The main thing, I think, is to cut down on the number of times we eat out. Meals at home are just so much better, in terms of fresher ingredients, less salt, less fat (or at least more good fats and less of the bad stuff). Now that we have our bike back and can get into a regular exercise regime again, that will help too. I like how much better I feel when we're eating better food and being more active. I don't want to spend this winter on the sofa. I want to spend it getting the house sorted out and this new, healthier thing that we're doing will help with that. It all goes together. If I have more energy and feel better, I'll be better able to get the house organized and if I get things better organized, I'll feel better about the house. So basically, it's all good, so far.

No comments: