Sunday, November 24, 2002

We have digital cable here in my house. Our schedule doesn't permit us to get out to movies very often so we bought 2 digital cable boxes a couple of years ago and pay the extra for the full compliment of channels available to us (not including the NFL/NHL Stuff). Recently, the movie selection has been kinda crummy but I stumbled across an absolute gem yesterday afternoon. I watched My First Mister, a 2001 release which stars Albert Brooks and Leelee Sobieski. I wasn't really expecting anything from it all. It just happened to be starting while I was flicking channels. It was a lovely movie, about friendship and understanding and tolerance and personal growth. I very much enjoyed it and would highly reccommend it to anyone who likes thoughtful, well-written, well-acted films.

No comments: