Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Because it's Tuesday - week of February 4

I don't want to jinx anything but it's early February in Kingston and outside, it feels more like late March. It's lovely!

Because it's Tuesday today, I'm going to share a cover song with you.

When I was a little girl, it was almost a guarantee that when you turned the radio on, you would hear a song by ELO within 10 minutes. I always enjoyed "Can't Get It Out of My Head" and "Sweet Talkin' Woman" when they'd come on the radio. When I'd go roller skating with my friends, we'd all make a made dash for the rink whenever the DJ played "Don't Get Me Down."

Thinking about ELO on the weekend, I went looking for some fun covers and found this beautiful version of "Livin' Thing" by Toronto's Dwayne Gretzky.  These guys are famous for their covers and last year they released a bunch of them (thank goodness!).

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. If  you like what you hear, check them out when they visit your town!
Making believe this is what you conceived
From your worst day (I'm taking a dive)
Oh, moving in line then you look back in time
To the first day (I'm taking, I'm taking)

No comments: