Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - Have Love, Will Travel

When I first met Mark, he told me about his favourite childhood program. He referred to it as "Paladin" because that was the name of the main character. The show was actually "Have Gun, Will Travel." The Paladin character was a hired gun, a mercenary in the wild west. Eventually, I tracked down the first season on DVDs and we watched it together. I can certainly see why a young boy, in the late 1950's / early 1960's would be into a show like this. At some point, for a birthday I think, Mark even got an official Paladin toy guy.

Today's Way Back Wednesday song's title is a play on the title of that old western TV show. "Have Love, Will Travel" was written and originally performed by Richard Berry (who also wrote and originally recorded "Louie Louie"). The version I'm sharing today is probably the best known. Released in 1965 by The Sonics on their "Here are the Sonics" album, it's fuzzy and has the dirtiest sax solo I think I've ever heard. It's just fucking awesome and will get you moving.

Enjoy it kiddos and have a happy hump day xo

Yeah, i'll travel from maine to mexico
Just to find a little girl that loves me so
No matter when, no matter where i'll be
I'm looking for a woman that'll satisfy me


No comments: