Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - The Mole From The Ministry

A very long time ago, so long ago in fact that I can't recall exactly when it was, my brother introduced me to the The Dukes of Stratosphear. He made me a tape that had The Dukes of Stratosphear on one side, and Syd Barrett on the other. I still have that tape, somewhere in my office at home. My brother is a very cool guy and I have always appreciated (and enjoyed) any bands he recommended to me. At the top of the list of bands he's suggested to me over the years is, of course, The Dukes of Stratosphear.

Last week, as I was looking around at stuff on youtube (like you do), I stumbled upon the video for "The Mole From The Ministry." I'm sharing it today for Way Back Wednesday.

For those of you not familiar with The Dukes of Stratosphear, it's basically XTC with Dave Gregory's brother Ian playing too. It was just a one-off thing. They recorded songs in the spirit and flavour of the 1967 / 1968 psychedelic scene in the mid-80's.  I hope you enjoy it because I think it's just fantastic.

I'm the mole from the Ministry
And you'll all bow down to me
I'm the mole in your potting shed
I'm the bad thoughts inside your head
And you won't catch me


No comments: